Friday, October 23, 2009

How to make a gemstone tree - Video

Since I'm lazy and haven't figured out how to use my video camera to make everyone a video of making a gem tree, I went in search of one. Guess what there was one on YouTube. The technique is a little different than mine, but for a beginner this is a good start. If you already are making trees, this might give you a few more ideas on where to go next or what to change to make it easier.

I am building a new craft site and have posted the video there. The video was make by Camille Sharon. Check it out HERE.

I would love to have you join my new site, it's free and there are no rules like some other sites require for their members. If you have an Etsy, Ebay, Yahoo, Google, etc store then you can build a marketplace to showcase you shop. Just another way to market your handmade items. There is also a blog option and a variety of other apps.

I would love to hear from you.

2 comments:

willjim95 December 24, 2009 at 7:24 AM  

Just fyi, one of the very first to craft gem trees in the country are/were Hugh and Bev Carroll of Carroll Originals, Fort Dodge, Iowa, who've been making gem trees as a hobby and business for over 30 years - Hugh still appears as a dealer at a number of rock and mineral shows each year, from California to the East Coast, and like you, shares his and Bev's techniques through books and one-on-one instruction - I learned how to make small wirewrapped trees from Mr. Carroll myself :) His phone number: 515-576-5517

yds February 8, 2010 at 2:38 AM  

Nice posting about craft.